One of the most common questions we get asked is about the differences between us and other parties like the GOP, Constitution Party, and Libertarian Party. Many of the philosophies we espouse are similar to one or more of them. Some are perfectly aligned. What makes us different?
Here are some questions that anyone can answer. They highlight the similarities and differences we have with these and other parties that can help you decide if you’re with us or not.
- Do you believe in reining in the federal government to bring it into a balanced relationship with the state governments?
- Are you a strong proponent of rights that we have been granted such as the rights to bear arms, speak freely, and own property without interference from the government?
- Has the government, in your opinion, been systematically trampling on these rights for years, even decades?
- Do you believe the two-party system is corrupt and that the major parties often say one thing during campaign season but do something completely different once in power?
- Is having principled leaders in local, city, county, and state governments important to you?
- Do you believe third parties have taken the wrong approach with strategies that waste money and resources on “big” elections they cannot win while putting little or no focus on local elections?
- Are you pro-life?
- Is transparency and the ability to directly engage with our representatives something you’d like to see?
- Do you see technology as a way to connect our representatives with the people they represent?
- Are you tired of the status quo with the two-party system and disenfranchised by third parties that continuously fumble opportunities with weak strategies?
If you answered “yes” to all of these questions, you’re a Federalist and should immediately do two things: (1) sign up to join on the homepage, and (2) text FEDERALIST to 53445 to receive real-time updates of Federalist Party actions. If you answered “yes” to most of these things, you should learn more about us. We know that we’re not a perfect fit for everyone, but what party is? Our hope is that even if we aren’t perfectly aligned with what you want, our drive to limit government, defend freedoms, and protect life is enough to be worthy of your consideration.
Building a new party isn’t easy. There is built-in bias within the system against up-and-coming third parties. We accept the challenge and we look to the people to help us spread our message. If you like what you’re hearing and you’re willing to help, we’d love to hear from you.